1 (440) 442-6677


Get Legal Help

Did Your Newborn Suffer Cerebral
Palsy or Another Brain Injury Before
or During Labor and Delivery?

Learn More

Our Birth Brain Injury Resource Guide

the guide

Get a FREE guide of resources available throughout Ohio to children and families of children who were born with brain injuries.

Our guide can help you build a foundation of knowledge and tools that will help you help your child
now and in the future.

Get Your Free Guide Now
Get a Free Case Evaluation

Birth Paralysis – Financial Support

When you have a newborn who is diagnosed with a medical condition that results in paralysis, it can be overwhelming. Your first thought is finding treatment for your little one and helping them to recover or adjust to the situation. However, many of these treatments involve specialists and include major expenses that you must pay for.

Get A 100% Free CASE Evaluation     

Even with health care insurance, you may be left with co-pays and other expenses, such as assistive devices. If you must take off work to care for your baby, you may also have to deal with the loss of income. You want your focus to be on helping your baby rather than worrying about finances. Fortunately, there are resources in place that can help with expenses.

Elk & Elk

National Support

You can link up with national organizations such as the United Cerebral Palsy or the United Brachial Plexus Network to find out about financial assistance. These organizations often have funds set aside to help families, or they have connections with other resources.

State and Local Support

You’ll find even more resources at the local level. One place to begin your research for financial assistance is a children’s hospital where your child’s condition can be treated. Many of these hospitals accept payment plans or even offer special financial assistance. They often know of grants that you can apply for to help you out financially. The hospital may even be able to guide you to temporary housing that is free or low-cost if you must travel for care.

Another resource is the local Children’s Division or Department of Family Services. They can tell you if you qualify for Medicaid or other services to help out with costs of care. They can also put you in touch with other local agencies that can be of assistance.

If your baby’s paralysis is the result of medical malpractice or improper care during or before delivery, you may be eligible for compensation. An attorney can review your case and advise you how to proceed with a claim. Medical professionals make mistakes which can result in an injury to a newborn. In these situations, they are responsible for the incident, which means that you may receive compensation to pay for the costs of care. To determine if this is the case in your situation, you need to contact an attorney who specializes in birth injuries and ask for a consultation.